VAT and Export Guide
We can supply exclusive of UK VAT in the the following circumstances.
- If we export directly to a country outside the EU VAT zone. See below for a list of countries Inside the EU VAT Zone.
- If we export to a country inside the EU VAT Zone (excluding the UK), and the recipient is VAT registered. We will require the VAT number, the name and the address of the registrant. We also have to invoice and ship to the registrant.
- If you are purchasing for a registered/exempt vessel.. You will know if you are eligible in this case and you will need to email your vessel details to us prior to ordering.
- If you are a non-EU citizen visiting the UK and collect the goods from our offices. In this case you will need to do the following;
- You will bring your passport and outbound travel documents when you collect the goods.
- You will have to pay the VAT and then reclaim it from us after you have left the country.
- We will provide you with a VAT form that must be stamped by UK Customs at your nominated point of exit within 3 months of purchase. This must then be posted back to us.
- You will also need to present the goods in an un-used state to the UK Customs at the same time. Please consider this carefully, as you will have to carry the goods as hand luggage. Not very practical for large items such as Radar systems and wind generators.
Due to the amount of paperwork involved in this process, we prefer not to offer this service on orders below £500 + vat. We do not currently charge an administration fee for this service. We also require that all goods are pre-ordered and paid for prior to visiting us, so that we can guarantee availability and have your order and some of the paperwork prepared for you prior to you visit.
Our shopping cart initially calculates exclusive of VAT. When a shipping zone is selected, the shopping cart will determine whether VAT is to be added based on the destination. The VAT will be calculated at the current UK rate and will then appear in the cart once the Recalculate button is clicked.
|Inside EC VAT Zone||Outside the EC for VAT purposes|
- Austria, including Jungholtz and Mittelberg
- Czech Republic
- France, including Monaco and Corsica
- Ireland, Republic of
- Italy, including Sardinia
- Portugal, including Madeira and the Azores
- Spain, including the Balearic Islands (Majorca, Ibiza & Menorca)
- Aland Islands,FI
- Canary Islands,ES
- Ceuta, ES
- Isle of Heligoland, DE
- Faroe Islands
- French Guiana,FR
- Gibraltar, UK
- Guadeloupe, FR
- Martinique, FR
- Melilla, ES
- Miquelon, FR
- Mount Athos, EL
- Reunion, FR
- San Marino
- St Pierre, FR