Rutland 504 Windcharger 12v - CA-05/04
Rutland 504 Windcharger 12v
When Marlec started to develop the 500 series windcharger, it is clear that simplicity, reliability and safety were in mind. The end result was a completely unique mini wind charger with all of those criteria achieved.
The Rutland 504 can provide trickle charging for a battery on board a vessel of up to 100Ah, which is ideal for maintaining an engine start and bilge pumping supply. The current 504 model follows the success of the Rutland 503 and 500 with a number of enhancements including performance and styling.
The Rutland 504 still features;
- "Safety turbine" is a single injection moulding of 6 aerofoil blades protected by an outer ring.
- Stainless steel fasteners and marine grade materials
- No radiated interference - complies fully with BS EN5008-1 1992
To install a 504 Wind Charger you will need;
Either a Rutland HRDi, HRSi or HRS503 Voltage controller is required to prevent overcharging of batteries leading to cell damage.
Optionally a Stainless Steel Marine Mounting Kit is available.
Whats new in the Rutland 504?
- The Rutland 504 features new aerodynamic styling.
- A sharper nose dome to improve the flow of wind to the turbine
- A longer tail fin to improve the orientation of the turbine to wind and maintain stability.
- Higher grade body and nose material with improved UV stability and durability.
- Minimum Wind Speed - trickle charge 5 knots
- Output @ 19 Knots Wind Speed 2.1Amps @12v
- Maximum Output (@50 Knots) 5Amps @ 12v
- Turbine Diameter 500mm