NewLink USB to Serial Adapter
Adapter to allow connection of navigation equipment to PC's that do not have 9-Pin RS232 Serial ports via a spare USB port instead.
All PC based chartplotting programs require navigation information to be inputted.
Most modern Laptops only have USB ports and no RS232 serial port.
This device bridges that gap.
This is a device we have installed on numerous local vessels and we know the chipset works reliably with NMEA0183 data. Not all RS232 to USB adapters do!
NOTE - Caution should be exercised to ensure that a ground loop via this adapter and the PC is not created, this can cause a number of issues. This adapter should only be used where the output of the navigation equipment/instruments/chartplotter is known to be isolated.
- Length is 250mm
- Transmission rate up to 600kBps
- USB 1.1 compliant
- No external power supply required
- Cable length is 600mm with a USB A male to a 9 pin D male
- Supports Win 95 rel.2.1/98/98SE/ 2000/ME/XP and MAC OS 9.0
- Contents: Adapter and software on CD.