The following are the terms and conditions for the sale of goods which apply to and govern any contract which we enter into with you. Please read them carefully. An offer to buy goods is conclusive evidence of your acceptance of the following terms and conditions.
- Prices quoted on our web site are both inclusive and exclusive of value added tax (vat), but in neither case do they include delivery and insurance charges, unless specifically stated otherwise.
- VAT will be charged on all orders shipped to destinations within the EU unless the recipient is legally entitled to exemption. A guide to exemption and be found in our VAT guide.
- We will endeavour to deliver goods on the dates specified by us, but such dates are approximate only and we shall not be liable for delays in delivery. We will inform you if any delays are expected and we will give you the option to cancel the order at that time.
- If "time is of the essence" when placing an order, this should be made clear at that time, with the required deadline, so we can advise you if it is not achievable.
- As soon as the goods have been delivered you will be responsible for them. Delivery is deemed to take place when the goods are delivered to the address nominated by you. However, you will only own the goods when we have received payment for them in full.
- If goods are delivered to you in a damaged condition you must inform us in writing within 7 days of receipt of the goods. Once you inform us we will arrange collection of the goods and arrange for the manufacturer or their agent to repair or replace them at no charge. If the outer packaging is damaged on delivery, please mark the couriers receipt as "damaged packaging - contents unchecked" and then check the contents immediately.
- If you do not inform us in this timeframe, our liability for the goods may be reduced.
- Returned goods which prove not to be damaged will be returned to the purchaser, the cost of the return shipping will be charged to the customer.
- You must request a Returns Authorisation via our Returns page prior to returning the goods. All warranty claims are subject manufacturers inspection. The purchaser will remain liable for carriage costs associated with warranty claims.
- All goods sold, unless specifically identified elsewhere in these terms, are supplied within the current Consumer Contracts Regulations . If the purchaser wishes to exercise their rights under these regulations, the purchaser must inform us via our Returns page within seven days of receipt of the goods. The goods will only be accepted back with our prior consent, which will normally be issued within two working days of a returns request being received. Goods must be received within 28 days of original supply. The purchaser will remain responsible for the goods until the goods are received back and checked by us or our agents. The Purchaser will be liable for all shipping costs relating to the initial supply and subsequent return. If you are in any doubt about the equipment you are ordering, we strongly recommend you Contact Us for pre-sales advice in order to try and prevent the inconvenience of receiving unsuitable products.
- We are not obliged to accept returns outside of the dates quoted by the distance selling regulations. Under certain circumstances, we may accept returns outside this period but a re-stocking fee of 15% will be deducted from the refunded amount or Credit Note issued.
- Goods supplied to destinations outside the UK are not covered by the distance selling regulations. Non-UK supplies that are returned will be subject to a 15% re-stocking fee. Any importation charges imposed on the goods returned will be deducted from any refund.
- If you order software from us we will supply it together with a licence for its use from the publisher of the software. You are required to comply with the terms of the licence. Software that has been opened can not be returned. Software which includes time sensitive data such as cartography, can not be returned unless the manufacturers prior approval is obtained.
- If you order pre-programmed chart cartridges, these are normally programmed to order and are therefore "produced to customers specification". These items can not be returned unless faulty.
- If you request spare parts for equipment, which are not listed on our website, these will be treated as "supplied to customers specification" and will not be accepted back for refund.
- We will supply goods that are, and will remain, free from defects in material and workmanship for a minimum period of 12 months from the date of delivery. Some items carry an extended manufacturers warranty that will obviously apply. If within such a period you discover a defect in any goods supplied by us you must request a Returns Authorisation via our via our Returns page prior to returning the goods.
- All warranty claims are subject manufacturers inspection.
- All warranty claims shall be limited to the value of any defective goods and or services supplied by us, unless otherwise covered by the manufacturer.
- The purchaser will remain liable for carriage costs associated with warranty claims.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and any dispute will be resolved exclusively in the courts of England and Wales.
- These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without prior notice.
We advise you to print and retain a copy of these terms and conditions.
v2.07 - 13 June 2014