Garmin GPSMAP 78s Handheld GPS - Worldwide Basemap - 0100086401
Garmin GPSMAP 78s Handheld GPS - Worldwide basemap - 0100086401
Garmin GPSMAP 78s for watersports enthusiasts who want the best, crisp colour mapping, high-sensitivity receiver, new moulded rubber side grips, plus a microSD™ card slot for loading additional maps. And it floats!
GPSMAP 78s comes with built-in worldwide basemap, so you can navigate anywhere with ease. And, like the rest of the 78-series, the 78s is IPX7 waterproof and even floats in water.
Keep Your Fix
With its high-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver and HotFix™ satellite prediction, GPSMAP78s locates your position quickly and precisely and maintains its GPS location even in heavy cover and built-up areas. The advantage is clear - whether youre in dense woodland or just near tall buildings and trees, you can count on GPSMAP 78s to help you find your way when you need it the most.
Adding more maps is easy with Garmin's wide array of detailed marine, topographic and road maps, available on microSD card. Conveniently plug in BlueChart ® g2 preloaded cards for a great day on the water or City Navigator NT ® map data for turn-by-turn routing by road (see maps tab for compatible maps). The card slot is located inside the waterproof battery compartment, so you don't have to worry about getting it wet. GPSMAP 78s also supports BirdsEye™ Satellite Imagery (subscription required), that lets you download satellite images to your device and integrate them with your maps. In addition, the 78s is compatible with Custom Maps, free Garmin software that transforms your own paper and electronic maps into downloadable maps for your GPS handheld device.
You've been busy exploring and now you want to store and analyse your activities. With a simple connection to your computer and to the Internet, you can get a detailed analysis of your activities and send tracks to your outdoor device using Garmin Connect™. This one-stop site offers an activity table and allows you to view your activities on a map using Google™ Earth. Explore other routes uploaded by millions of other Garmin Connect users and share your experiences on Twitter ® and Facebook ®. Getting started is easy, so get out there, explore, and share.
GPSMAP 78s supports geocaching GPX files for downloading geocaches and details straight to your unit. By going paperless, you're not only helping the environment but also improving efficiency. GPSMAP 78s stores and displays key information, including location, terrain, difficulty, hints and descriptions, which means no more manually entering coordinates and paper print outs! Simply upload the GPX file to your unit and start hunting for caches. Slim and lightweight, 78s is the perfect companion for all your outdoor pursuits.
GPSMAP 78s: Colourful maps, durable design and buoyant - everything a mariner needs.
This version also features Electronic compass and Barometric altimeter.
- Unit dimensions, WxHxD: 2.6" x 6.0" x 1.2" (6.6 x 15.2 x 3.0 cm)
- Display size, WxH: 1.6" x 2.2" (4.1 x 5.6 cm); 2.6" diag (6.6 cm)
- Display resolution, WxH: 160 x 240 pixels
- Display type: transflective, 65-K colour TFT
- Weight: 7.7 oz (218.3 g) with batteries
- Battery: 2 AA batteries (not included); NiMH or Lithium recommended
- Battery life: 20 hours
- Waterproof: yes (IPX7)
- Floats: yes
- High-sensitivity receiver: yes
- Interface: USB and NMEA 0183 compatible
- Maps & Memory:
- Basemap: yes
- Ability to add maps: yes
- Built-in memory: 1.7 GB
- Accepts data cards: microSD™ card (not included)
- Waypoints/favorites/locations: 2000
- Routes: 200
- Track log: 10,000 points, 200 saved tracks
- Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads): yes (with optional mapping for detailed roads)
- Electronic compass: no
- Touchscreen: no
- Barometric altimeter: no
- Camera: no
- Geocaching-friendly: yes (paperless)
- Custom maps compatible: yes
- Photo navigation (navigate to geotagged photos): yes
- Outdoor GPS games: no
- Hunt/fish calendar: yes
- Sun and moon information: yes
- Tide tables: no
- Area calculation: yes
- Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest): yes
- Unit-to-unit transfer (shares data wirelessly with similar units): no
- Picture viewer: no
- Garmin Connect™ compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data): yes